Whenever I fire up the BBQ for ourselves and guest, there’s a big chance we end the dinner with a BBQ dessert. So therefore BBQ dessert recipes clearly cannot be missed on my blog. This apple crumble recipe is a BBQ desserts with ingredients that I actually always have at home. Baked in a skillet and delicious to serve warm, along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Doesn't that sound good?
- 100 grams Flour
- 125 grams Sugar
- 75 grams Butter
- 3 Apples
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- BBQ with Lid
- Skillet (ø 27 cm/10 or 11 inch)
- Fire up the BBQ and prepare it for indirect heat and a temperature of 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit).
- Peel and dice the apples into little cubes. Put the apple cubes in a bowl and add 25 grams sugar, the cinnamon and the lemon juice. Mix everything together and set aside.
- Take a second mixing bowl and add the flour, the rest of the sugar, the salt and the butter. Mix the ingredients together with your hands until you have a shortcrust pastry.
- Now take the skillet (or another baking dish with a diameter of about 27 cm (10/11 inches) that you’re allowed to use on the BBQ) and grease it with the sunflower oil. Divide the apple cubes over the bottom. Then cover the apple layer with the shortcrust pastry.
- Is the BBQ at the right temperature? Then place the skillet on the (indirect part) of the grid and close the BBQ with the lid. Bake the Apple Crumble for about 30 minutes. The shortcrust pastry should turn golden brown and crispy.
- Is the Apple Crumble ready? Then get it off the BBQ. You can now easily scoop up portions from the skillet and serve with some ice cream and/or whipped cream. Enjoy your meal!