One of the most popular recipes on my Dutch blog is Tosti Rolls. An appetizer or snack that tastes delicious! With this recipe we are going in the same direction, but now we will make apple pie rolls, which you bake on the BBQ until the apple has become nice and soft and the sugared exterior has started to caramelize a bit. Add a scoop of ice cream with a big dollop of whipped cream and you have a delicious dessert from the BBQ!
- 2 Apples
- 8 slices White Sandwich Bread
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 150 grams Butter
- BBQ with Lid
- Rolling Pin
- Fire up the BBQ and prepare it for indirect heat and a temperature of about 200 degrees Celsius (400 Fahrenheit).
- Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes. Put the cubes in a mixing bowl. Mix the sugar with the cinnamon, add 2 tablespoons of the mixture to the bowl with apple cubes and mix together.
- Now cut off the crusts of the slices bread and roll the slices flat with the rolling pin. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan and pour it into a bowl.
- Spoon some of the apple mixture onto each rolled-out slice of bread and roll them up. Then pass the apple pie roll first through the melted butter and then through the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- In the meantime, the BBQ will be up to temperature. Place the apple pie rolls on the indirect part of the grid and close the BBQ with the lid.
- Bake the apple pie rolls for 10-12 minutes on the BBQ. Serve them while still warm, with a nice scoop of ice cream and some whipped cream. Enjoy your meal!