I came across this recipe for chicken nuggets in a Dorito jacket a few times already and it always seemed very tasty to me. I was also curious whether you can prepare these chicken nuggets on the BBQ and I think you can guess the answer: Yes, you can! It's a super easy recipe with just a few ingredients. I'm sure everyone will love these BBQ chicken nuggets. More good news: you can try all the Doritos flavors!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 bag Dorito’s (choose your favorite)
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 1 Egg
- BBQ with Lid
- Core Thermometer
- Fire up the BBQ and prepare it for indirect heat and a temperature of about 200 degrees Celsius (400 Fahrenheit).
- Cut both chicken breasts into 6 approximately equal parts, so that you will have 12 chicken nuggets.
- Crumble the Doritos and put them in a bowl. Put the flour in another bowl and beat the egg in a third bowl.
- Take the pieces of chicken fillet and roll them first in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the crumbled Doritos. Then place the chicken nuggets on a large plate.
- Is the BBQ at the right temperature? Then put the chicken nuggets on the indirect part of the grid and close the BBQ with the lid. BBQ the chicken nuggets for about 18 minutes or until they have a core temperature of 70 degrees Celsius (158 Fahrenheit).
- Now take the chicken nuggets from the BBQ and serve them with tomato ketchup. Enjoy your meal!