It's Burger Friday! This time with a unique twist because these burgers have no buns! No buns? Indeed! No buns. These Beercan Burgers are substantial in size and are filled with all sorts of deliciousness. All of this makes a beercan burger a meal in itself. A bun won't fit anymore, although you’re welcome to try ofcourse!
- 1 kilogram Ground Beef
- 12 slices Long Sliced Bacon
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- 200 grams Shredded Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- BBQ with Lid
- 1 Beer Can
- Small Skillet
- Fire up the BBQ, aiming for indirect heat and a temperature of about 160 degrees Celsius (320 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Take the ground beef and divide it into 4 equal balls. Grab a beer can and one of the ground beef balls, press the beer can into the beef ball. Mold the beef around the can, creating a burger about 2 inches thick with a hollow in the middle. Wrap 3 slices of bacon around the outside of the beercan burger, then remove the can. Repeat this for the remaining 3 ground beef balls.
- Meanwhile, slice the onion into rings and dice the bell pepper. Remove the seeds from the tomato and dice it as well. Place a small skillet over low heat, add the tablespoon of olive oil. Then, add the onion rings and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper and tomato, sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Transfer this mixture to a bowl and stir in half of the shredded cheese.
- Fill the hollow of each burger up to the edge with the vegetable and cheese mixture. Use the remaining shredded cheese towards the end of the preparation.
- Is the BBQ at the right temperature? Place the beercan burgers on your grill grate and close the BBQ lid. Let the beercan burgers cook for 50 minutes. You can optionally add a small amount of wood chips for a smoky flavor. After 50 minutes, take the remaining shredded cheese and sprinkle it over the burgers. Close the BBQ lid again and let the cheese melt for 10 minutes.
- After a total of one hour on the BBQ, take the Beercan Burgers off. Serve them immediately. Enjoy your meal!