When I fire up the BBQ here I always try to make a variety of dishes. I am usually of the starters, main and side dishes and my partner often comes up with the ideas for desserts. Generally those desserts feature chocolate, dough or some other ingredient that is very filling. So regularly people leave here feeling that they may have eaten just a little too much.. Can happen! Such a delicious dessert as this Caramel Fudge Brownie is hard to pass up, right?
- 200 grams Unsalted Butter
- 200 grams Dark Chocolate
- 100 grams Milk Chocolate
- 4 Eggs
- 200 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 150 grams Self-rising Flour
- 150 grams Soft Fudge Caramel
- BBQ with Lid
- Cast iron skillet (ø 27 cm)
- Fire up the BBQ, going for indirect heat and a temperature of 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit).
- Put a pan on low heat and melt the butter with all the chocolate. Keep stirring this well during the melting process and be careful not to burn the chocolate. Is the chocolate well melted and mixed with the butter? Then remove the pan from the heat.
- Now beat the eggs and caster sugar together until fluffy. This can be done with a whisk or a mixer. Then pour the butter/chocolate mixture into the eggs, stirring well with a whisk. Add the self-rising flour to the eggs, sugar, chocolate and butter.
- Now pour half of your brownie batter into the cast iron skillet and then spread about two-thirds of the caramel fudge over the pan. Then pour the rest of the batter into the pan and tuck the remaining fudge into the batter.
- Meanwhile, the BBQ will be up to temperature so it is time to bake the brownie. To do this, place it on the grill and close the BBQ with the lid. Now bake the brownie fudge for 30 minutes on the BBQ. The brownie may be a little moist in the middle, but make sure it is not too runny. Is that still the case after half an hour? Then bake the brownie 5 to 10 minutes longer on the BBQ.
- Is the brownie ready? Lift the skillet off the BBQ with an oven glove. Let the brownie cool for 10 minutes and then serve it to your diners. You can use a spoon or a cake server to scoop out portions and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy your meal!