One of my favorites from the BBQ is honey mustard ham! It has a relatively short preparation time, you get to get smoking though and the result is delicious! So today a recipe for BBQ ham as it is known to most: with honey-mustard sauce. Delicious on a sandwich, but also very tasty on its own! Here it will be on the table more often. Will you try it too?
- 600 grams Boneless Ham
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Mustard
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 4 tablespoons Apple Juice
- BBQ with Lid
- Core Thermometer
- Basting Brush
- Smoking Wood
- To prepare the ham, we start by marinating the meat. To do this, remove it from the refrigerator and packaging and pat it dry with some kitchen paper. Cut away small loose pieces of meat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, sugar, pepper, mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Next, rub your ham with this mixture. Wrap the ham with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. You can rub your ham the night before, but a couple of hours before you start smoking is also alright.
- Has the ham been marinating long enough? Then fire up the BBQ and go for indirect heat and a temperature of about 160 degrees Celsius (320 Fahrenheit). When the BBQ is at temperature, add some smoked wood. You can choose your own favorite. The ham can take quite a bit, so the kind doesn't really matter.
- Now take your ham from the refrigerator and unwrap it. Put the ham on the grill and close the BBQ with the lid. Do you have a core thermometer with a cord? Then stick it in the ham first and let the cable run between the BBQ and the lid. This way you can keep an eye on the core temperature!
- The ham should now cook to a core temperature of 65 degrees Celsius (149 Fahrenheit). Then it is nicely done and you can cut nice slices. This took me about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- After an hour, we are going to brush the ham with a mixture of mustard, honey and apple juice. To do this, mix together 2 tablespoons of mustard, 2 tablespoons of honey and 4 tablespoons of apple juice. Then open the BBQ and brush the ham with this mixture. Repeat this every 15 minutes, until you reach a core temperature of 65 degrees Celsius (149 Fahrenheit).
- Does your ham have the right core temperature? Then remove it from the BBQ and place it on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the remaining tablespoons of mustard and honey with the mayonnaise.
- Now cut the ham into nice slices of about 0.5 cm thick and serve them on a nice board, together with the honey-mustard sauce and some bread rolls, if desired. Enjoy your meal!