Another side dish that takes so little time to prepare, but is so delicious! These honey mustard onions are delicious alongside a perfectly cooked steak, but you can also use them as a topping for a delicious burger. And the temperature at which you cook them is pretty flexible, too. So it's easy to combine them with other dishes. One thing is for sure; all your guests will love this!
- 2 Onions
- Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- BBQ with Lid
- Basting Brush
- Cut the onions into slices about half an inch thick. Brush the onions with olive oil. Mix the mustard and honey in a bowl and set aside for later.
- Fire up the BBQ, going for a combination of direct and indirect heat and a temperature between 160 and 200 degrees Celsius (320-392 Fahrenheit).
- Place the onion slices first on the direct part of your grill and grill them for 3 minutes. Now turn the onions over and grill them for another 3 minutes, while brushing the other side with the honey mustard mixture.
- After 3 minutes, move the onions to the indirect part and cook them there for another 10 minutes, turning them over occasionally and brushing them with the honey and mustard mixture.
- After 10 minutes on the indirect part of the BBQ, remove the onions from the BBQ and place them on a plate or serving board. Then serve the honey mustard onions immediately. Enjoy your meal!