I love brownies and Oreos. Combine these two ingredients and you have a delicious Oreo brownie. And I can guarantee that your guests will not go home hungry after a piece of this Oreo Brownie Skillet!
Servings: 8 people
- 200 grams Unsalted Butter
- 200 grams Dark Chocolate
- 100 grams Milk Chocolate
- 4 Eggs
- 200 grams Dark Brown Caster Sugar
- 150 grams Self-rising Flour
- 1 pack of Oreos
- BBQ with Lid
- BBQ glove
- Cast iron skillet (ø 27 cm)
- Fire up the BBQ and prepare the BBQQ for indirect heat and a temperature of 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit).
- Put a pan on low heat and melt the butter in it, along with all the chocolate. Keep stirring during melting and make sure the chocolate does not burn. When the chocolate has melted properly and is well mixed with the butter, take the pan from the heat.
- Beat the eggs and brown sugar fluffy. Then pour the butter / chocolate mixture into the bowl with eggs and sugar, while stirring well with a whisk.. Then also stir the self-rising flour into the mixture.
- Now cover the bottom of the skillet with about half of the Oreos. Then pour in the brownie batter. Break the remaining Oreo cookies into pieces and divide them over the batter.
- Is the BBQ at the right temperature? Then it's time to bake the brownie. Place the pan on the grid and close the BBQ with the lid. Bake the brownie fudge on the BBQ for 30 minutes. The brownie can be slightly wet in the middle, but make sure it is not too runny. Not ready after half an hour? Then bake the brownie on the BBQ for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Is the brownie ready? Then lift the skillet off the BBQ with an BBQ glove. Let the brownie cool for 10 minutes and then serve it. You can scoop portions out of the pan with a spoon or a cake server and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some whipped cream. Enjoy your meal!