My family and I love to eat some vegetables at our BBQ dinner too. First of all to make a BBQ meal a complete dinner, but also because BBQ veggies can be really tasty. Do you also like some vegetables on the grill? Or do you have vegetarians at your dining table sometimes? Eitherway, these filled portobello’s caprese are a must! The preparation is simple and they are not only very tasty, they also look beautiful. Are you gonna try them?
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 ball Buffalo Mozzarella
- 8 Sundried Tomatoes
- 2 sprigs Fresh Basil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Syrup
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Coarse Sea Salt
- BBQ with Lid
- Fire up the BBQ and prepare it for indirect heat and a temperature of about 180 degrees Celsius (356 Fahrenheit).
- Cut the mozzarella and the sun-dried tomatoes into pieces and mix them together in a bowl. Then fill the portobello’s with the mixture and sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper and a little bit of coarse sea salt over them.
- Is the BBQ at the right temperature? Then place the filled portobello’s on the BBQ grid and close the BBQ with the lid. Roast the portobello’s for about 12 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the basil leaves and get the balsamic syrup ready.
- Are the portobello’s ready? Take them from the BBQ and place them on a plate or serving board. Sprinkle the balsamic syrup and the chopped basil over the portobello mushrooms and serve. Enjoy your meal!