Making pulled pork on the BBQ is a lot of fun, but you don't make it for a dinner for two. It is usually at least a kilo of meat that you are going to prepare. Of course, friends will have no problem stopping by for dinner, but if you do have leftovers, this Pulled Pork Nachos recipe is one you should definitely try! Super easy and great as a starter!
- 1 bag of Tortilla Chips
- 150 grams Pulled Pork
- 1 small can Corn
- 1 Red Onion
- 50 grams Grated Cheddar
- 50 grams Grated Cheese
- 8 cherry Tomatoes
- 10 slices Pickled jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- BBQ with Lid
- Cast iron skillet or BBQ resistant bowl
- Fire up the BBQ and prepare for indirect heat and a temperature of about 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit).
- First chop the red onion and then drain the corn. Cut the tomatoes into quarters. Put the red onion, corn and tomatoes in a bowl and mix together. Put the pulled pork in another bowl and mix in the BBQ sauce.
- Now cover the bottom of the skillet with some tortilla chips. Divide a third of your pulled pork and a third of your onion / corn / tomato mixture over this. Then sprinkle about a quarter of the grated cheddar cheese and grated cheese over it.
- Place another layer of tortilla chips on top of this and repeat the above step, dividing another third of the pulled pork, one third of the onion / corn / tomato mixture and a quarter of the grated cheddar and grated cheese over the chips.
- Finally, place the last layer of tortilla chips in the skillet and divide the rest of your pulled pork, onion / corn / tomato mixture and the cheese over it. At last, divide the slices of pickled jalapeño over it.
- Is the BBQ at the right temperature? Put the skillet on the BBQ and close with the lid. The ingredients only need to be warm and the cheese must melt well. This takes 8 to 10 minutes. Then take the skillet from the BBQ and serve immediately. You could serve guacamole and crème fraîche with the nachos, but even without they will be consumed in no time! Enjoy your meal!