A BBQ is only really complete with side dishes, and vegetables should not be missing. Preparing vegetables on the BBQ is not difficult at all. A lot of vegetables are suitable for roasting. Carrots, for example. And if you, as I did in this recipe, use a rainbow carrot mix, you also get a colorful dish!
- 600 grams Rainbow Carrot Mix
- 1 Orange
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Coarse Sea Salt
- BBQ with Lid
- Pastry brush
- Fire up the BBQ and opt for indirect heating at a temperature of 180 to 200 degrees Celsius (356 to 392 Fahrenheit).
- Put a large pot of water on the fire and bring it to a boil. Wash the carrots and cook them for 5 minutes in the boiling water. Then drain the boiling water and rinse the carrots with cold water.
- Now pat the carrots dry with kitchen paper and brush them all over with the olive oil. Then season them with pepper, some salt and the zest of the orange.
- Is the BBQ at the right temperature? Put the carrots on the indirect part of the BBQ. Close the BBQ with the lid and let the carrots roast for 10 minutes. Then squeeze half an orange over the carrots and roast them for another 10 minutes.
- Then take the carrots off the BBQ and serve them immediately. Enjoy your meal!