Besides nice cuts of meat, I always try to prepare some vegetables on the BBQ. That way you make a whole meal from the BBQ and you're not just sitting around eating meat. Roasting vegetables on the BBQ is very easy and by going with the vegetables that the season has to offer you always make something different. This time I went for roasted pumpkin, with rosemary and garlic. Delicious!
- 1 Pumpkin (1 kg)
- 4 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Coarse Sea Salt
- BBQ with Lid
- Basting Brush
- Fire up the BBQ and opt for indirect heat and a temperature of about 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit).
- Wash the pumpkin and then cut it in half. Scoop the seeds out of both halves and cut moon shaped pieces from the pumpkin. You don't have to peel the pumpkin. Put the pieces in a large bowl.
- Now take the leaves from the sprigs of rosemary and finely chop them. Mince the garlic cloves as well. Now drizzle the olive oil over the pumpkin and divide the rosemary and garlic over it. Season with black pepper and some coarse sea salt. Toss everything together so that the pieces of pumpkin are oiled and flavored on all sides.
- Is the BBQ at the right temperature? Then place the pumpkin on the grid. Brush with the basting or pastry brush all pieces of pumpkin with the remaining oil, garlic and rosemary. Then close the BBQ with the lid and roast the pumpkin for about 45 minutes. Turn the pieces halfway through once.
- Is the pumpkin done? Then take the pieces from the BBQ and serve them on a nice plate. You can eat the skin of the pumpkin as well. Enjoy your meal!