Chicken wings from the BBQ is surely a BBQ classic, but I hadn't actually written a recipe online for tasty, sticky chicken wings yet. That had to change, because chicken wings are the perfect appetizer and are also great as a snack with a drink. Besides, you can cook a lot of them at once on your BBQ and feed a large group. So, enough reasons why a sticky chicken wing recipe should be on the website and well, here it is!
- 15 Chicken Wings
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Paprika Powder
- 1 tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 5 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- BBQ with Lid
- Basting Brush
- Core thermometer (optional)
- Take a bowl and in it mix together the sugar, paprika powder, pepper, salt, garlic powder and onion powder to make a rub.
- Now take the chicken wings and rub them all around with the rub you just made. Let the flavors soak in for an hour.
- Meanwhile, fire up the BBQ, going for indirect heat and a temperature of about 160 degrees Celsius (320 Fahrenheit).
- Is the BBQ at temperature? Then put the chicken wings on (the indirect part of) your BBQ grill and close the BBQ with the lid. Would you like to smoke your chicken wings a little bit as well? Then add some smoke wood. Now BBQ the chicken wings for about 30 minutes, with the lid on the BBQ.
- Meanwhile, put a saucepan on low heat and add the BBQ sauce and honey. Heat it gently while stirring until the sauce is warm but not hot. Then remove the pan from the heat.
- After half an hour on the BBQ, baste the honey BBQ sauce all around the chicken wings. Then close the BBQ with the lid and cook the chicken wings for another 5 minutes. Then brush them again with the sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
- After a total of 40 minutes on the BBQ, the chicken wings are done. Eventually you can check the core temperature which should be at least 70 degrees Celsius (158 Fahrenheit), but after 40 minutes on the BBQ they will be ready for sure. Brush them one last time all around with the sauce and then remove them from the BBQ. Serve them immediately and do not forget to put the napkins down. Enjoy your meal!