One of my favorite BBQ appetizers and snacks are nachos. You can really wake me up at night for a skillet full of nachos with melted cheese and other tasty ingredients! have already put variants with pulled pork and pulled chicken online and with this recipe I am expanding the range with a tasty, vegetarian street corn variant. A bowl full of nachos, with the best flavours of Mexican street corn. Delicious!
- 1 bag of Tortilla chips
- 2 Corn on the Cob (precooked)
- 75 grams Feta Cheese
- 50 grams Grated Cheddar
- 1 Lime
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Crème Fraîche
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 0,5 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 5 Coriander Sprigs
- BBQ with Lid
- Fire up the BBQ and prepare for direct heat and a temperature of about 180 degrees Celsius (356 Fahrenheit).
- If the corn cobs are not yet pre-cooked? Boil them first for 5 minutes.
- Is the BBQ at the right temperature? Brush the corn cobs all over with butter and grill them for 5 minutes until they have a nice color all around. Then take the corn cobs from the BBQ and let them cool down for a while.
- Meanwhile prepare the BBQ for indirect heat at a temperature of about 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit).
- When the corn has cooled down enough cut the corn from the cobs with a sharp knife and put them in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, crème fraiche, the juice of the lime and half of the grated cheddar and stir everything together.
- Now take the skillet and divide the tortilla chips over the bottom. Then spoon the just made mixture over it. Divide the rest of the cheddar over the pan and grate the feta cheese over the nachos. Finally, sprinkle the smoked paprika and chili powder over the nachos.
- Now put the skillet on the BBQ and close with the lid. Bake the nachos on the BBQ for 10 minutes, so that the cheese has melt completely and all ingredients are warm.
- Take the skillet from the BBQ. Chop the coriander leaves and sprinkle over the nachos before serving the street corn nachos. Enjoy your meal!