I probably told you before, but when I fire up the BBQ I always try to prepare a complete meal from the BBQ. So Side dishes and vegetables are certainly part of that, most of the time in addition to a nice piece of meat. These stuffed peppers are full of veggies and are also easy to prepare. And in addition to a nice side dish, these stuffed peppers are a tasty main dish for the vegetarian BBQ'er. Because we're not going to serve them vegetarian burgers and other non-products, right?
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 Onion
- 1 Winter Carrot
- 1 Tomato
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1 ball Mozzarella
- 0.5 Zucchini
- 1 ball clove Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dried Parsley
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- BBQ with Lid
- Frying Pan
- Fire up the BBQ and prepare it for indirect heat and a temperature of 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit).
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Chop the onion and mince the garlic clove. Then cut the carrot and the zucchini into small cubes.
- Place a frying pan on low heat and add the olive oil. Fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then add the tomato paste. Let this fry for 2 minutes and then add the carrots and zucchini cubes. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Now cut the tomato into quarters and remove the pulp from the wedges. Cut the tomato into cubes and cut the mozzarella into small cubes as well.
- Now take the pan off the heat and add the tomato cubes, mozzarella and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and mix everything together.
- Spoon the filling into the halved peppers and press it down a little. Place the peppers on the BBQ and close with the lid. Bake the peppers for about 20 minutes, until they are warm, a little bit softer and the cheese has melted well. Serve immediately. Enjoy your meal!