Along with salmon, tuna is probably one of the most popular types of fish to eat. It is also one of the most expensive. You can eat tuna raw, for example in sushi, but a grilled tuna steak is also very tasty. Especially if you grill it on the BBQ! With tuna, by the way, the taste depends on the quality of the fish. So go for a good piece of tuna, because otherwise it will disappoint. My favorite tuna steak is this one, coated in white and black sesame seeds. Just marinate in soy sauce first and you have a perfect piece of tuna!
- 1 Tuna Steak (at least 2 centimeters thick)
- 4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons White Sesame Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Black Sesame Seeds
- BBQ with Lid
- Pour the soy sauce into a bowl and place the tuna steak in it. Leave the steak in this way outside the refrigerator for 15 minutes and then turn it over so that the other side of the steak is in the soy sauce. Leave the tuna steak for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fire up the BBQ, going for direct heat and a temperature of about 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit).
- Has the tuna steak spent a total of half an hour in the soy sauce? Then pat it dry with kitchen paper. Next, sprinkle the sesame seeds on a plate and mix them up. Now place the tuna steak on the plate with sesame seeds and make sure the steak is covered all around with sesame seeds.
- Is the BBQ up to temperature? Then place the tuna steak on the grill and close the BBQ with the lid. Now grill the steak for about 1 minute and 30 seconds and then turn it over. Also grill the other side for 1 minute and 30 seconds and then remove the steak from the BBQ immediately.
- Cut the tuna steak into thin slices and serve immediately. You can serve with soy sauce if you like. Enjoy your meal!